Triple-Wall Corrugated Boxes For B2B Shipping
Nelson Container triple-wall corrugated boxes are designed and manufactured for a variety of applications—from containers for shipping heavy engine parts to produce display bins for grocery stores. Our triple-wall corrugated boxes offer the strength of wood crates at significant cost and weight savings. If you’re shipping or storing large, heavy, or delicate products, consider purchasing triple-wall corrugated boxes in bulk.
Custom Triple-Wall Corrugated Boxes
The strength and cushioning properties of a triple-wall corrugated box are determined by the flute profiles (wave-shaped arches in between the linerboards) used. The combination of differently-sized flutes can be customized to maximize the cushioning properties and/or compression strength of a finished box. The edge crush test and Mullen (burst) test are used to rate the strength of boxes. We perform in-house testing on the boxes to ensure your shipments arrive safely. Triple wall boxes offer more protection than standard single-wall and double-wall boxes
Whatever type of fragile or heavy objects you ship, we can design and build a corrugated box with protective foam inserts to ensure safe transit or storage. Oversized items? No problem. Thanks to “The Beast,” our jumbo corrugated folder/gluer machine, we can create custom packaging for almost any jumbo-sized product you need to ship. Nelson Container designs, manufactures, and ships triple-wall corrugated packaging for all of your unique products.
Flutes Available for
A-flute: 1/4” thick, 33 flutes per linear foot
- The original, and thickest, corrugated flute design
- Provides the most cushioning for fragile items
- Excellent stiffness qualities and short column crush resistance
B-flute: 1/8” thick, 47 flutes per linear foot
- Provides stiff, flat surface for quality printing and die-cutting
- Excellent puncture and crush resistance
- Commonly used for canned goods, beverage trays, wrap-around blanks as well as pads for inner packing
C-flute: 3/16” thick, 39 flutes per linear foot
- Most widely used flute size—about 80% of all corrugated containers made with it
- Good crush resistance and stacking strength, good printing properties
- Commonly used for shipping cases, packaging glass products, and furniture
E-flute: 1/16” thick, 90 flutes per linear foot
- Excellent crush resistance, a relatively flat surface enables high-quality printing
- Thin profile helps to reduce outer box dimensions & flutes per foot makes the boxes strong
- Cushioning properties make it a good alternative to paperboard folding cartons for shipping fragile products
F-flute: 1/32” thick, 125 flutes per linear foot
- Often used for small retail items, POP displays, shoe boxes, and fast food packaging
- Lower fiber content makes for a more rigid box and less solid waste
Nelson Container - Your Partner in Packaging
Vendor Managed Inventory Services Keep You Stocked and In Business
There’s an increasing trend toward Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) services, particularly for businesses that need to respond to varying demand. In tandem with our quick response manufacturing capabilities, vendor managed inventory enables you to meet the often unpredictable seasonal demands for your products.
If the products you ship require the same packaging and/or your packaging needs fluctuate on a seasonal basis, you are a good candidate for VMI. As soon as your inventory of boxes reaches a critically low level, a usage report is automatically generated and we send out a new shipment. You’ll never again be caught off-guard with no triple-wall boxes for shipping. You even have the option of getting your boxes pre-assembled, so there’s no time wasted putting them together.
Find Your Lead Time:
We partner with businesses all over Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota to supply them with the triple-wall boxes they need. Find a location near you, or learn more about Quick Response Manufacturing, and get an idea of how quickly Nelson Container can deliver your custom corrugated packaging with our "Check Your Lead Time" calculator.
a Trusted Source for Triple-Wall Corrugated Boxes
Nelson Container has been in the corrugated box business for over 50 years. We’ve designed, tested and manufactured triple-wall corrugated boxes for shipping, storing, and displaying all kinds of heavy, fragile, and valuable products. Over the years, we’ve built a reputation for strategic, on-time and environmentally responsible packaging solutions.
Let us know what you need to be protected while in transit, or for storage or display. If we don’t have the perfect triple-wall box already, we’ll design one.