The Nelson Container Story.
Nelson Container is a privately held company that was founded by Jim and Pat Nelson in the spring of 1962. Back then, the company filled a need for a high quality, full service corrugated packaging company that could handle custom orders and specialty items. We continue to serve that market today on an enhanced level. Using innovative methods and 50 years of experience in the corrugated box and packaging industry in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we proudly deliver strategic packaging programs that provide the highest quality product protection across engineering, design, testing and packaging.
With humble beginnings on 32nd and Hampton, we’ve now grown to a 92,558 square foot facility in Germantown, Wisconsin. Leadership has been proudly transitioned to the next generation. Tom Nelson, serving as president, continues to fulfill the legacy of quality for one of the best corrugated packaging companies in the Midwest.
Tom (left) & Jim (right) Nelson c.1965
- To delivering top quality product protection using superior package design and testing to produce the best custom corrugated packaging in Wisconsin.
- To providing strategic packaging programs to enterprises in southeast Wisconsin, consistent with their high expectations.
- To partnering with our customers, promising the highest quality engineering product solutions to even the most complicated of box specifications.
- Jointly embracing the principles of customer-intimacy, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement, and to being environmentally responsible in Wisconsin packaging – using material that is 100% recyclable.
- To supply our customers with defect-free corrugated packaging and services, competitively priced and on time.
- To responsibly serve our employees, customers, community and stockholders.