This “hands on”, working position reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor, and does have a direct report. The repair and maintenance of the equipment, building, and grounds fall under this jurisdiction; continuous improvement and structuring of our processes also fall under this jurisdiction and need more emphasis going forward. We’re looking to advance the structure and core competencies of our Maintenance program.
The hours for this role would be tentatively 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. The position would generally not be “On-Call”, but occasional flexible hours and overtime are required as needed. Pay is based on experience and skills. This is a full-time position, with benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc. Travel is less than 5% per year, for training/classes, etc.
- A conscious “Safety First” mentality, and a basic understanding of rules pertaining to NFPA70E, hot work, fall protection, etc.
- A positive attitude and exceptional attention to detail. Must be able to communicate effectively with vendors, contractors, co-workers, and upper management. Good follow-up skills are critical.
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot and repair plant equipment. Must be able to prioritize projects and tasks based on current business conditions and long-term needs.
- Must be able to self-motivate, be accountable, and work independently in an occasionally hectic environment.
- Must be able to plan and manage projects, a parts inventory, a work order program, and an equipment preventative maintenance program. Experience with ERP systems and CMMS.
- Must possess strong math skills to recommend efficiency, throughput, and cost-savings improvements.
- Basic computing skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel (AutoCAD and SolidWorks are a plus)
- A basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, HVAC and plumbing principles
- A basic understanding of manufacturing, federal, state and local laws/programs (I.e. NFPA70E, MSDS, PM, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, blueprints, wiring diagrams, drawings, etc.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to stand, kneel, or sit for extended periods of time, be able to twist and bend, lift up to 50 pounds, run errands in a company vehicle, and have good eyesight for visual inspection. Must have the ability to operate a forklift, scissors lift, power tools, etc. with training.
Strongly preferred skills:
- Experience in the corrugated industry is a plus!
- Experience with E.R.P. Systems/ CMMS
- Electrical certification, Welding, HVAC, PLC is highly recommended
- Degree or certificate in a related field
- Safety program experience – be able to contribute to a growing safety program
- Project management experience
- ISO and Lean Manufacturing experience