Job Purpose and Reporting Structure
Under the direct supervision of the Controller, the Office Administrator is responsible for various office functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing, reception duties, payroll, employee benefits coordination, mail distribution, and cash reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives incoming calls and directs them appropriately, as well as greeting all visitors.
- Responsible for handling employee benefits coordination and all employee hire/termination paperwork. Enters payroll into the system, and makes any needed changes in earnings and/or employee deductions.
- Responsible for all accounts payable functions including vouching, coding of bills, prepaid vouching, weekly check run, and certificates of insurance.
- Responsible for handling all accounts receivable functions including invoicing, credit, customer credit files, collections, cash applications, and bank deposits.
- Purchases all office supplies as needed.
- Opens and distributes all incoming mail.
- Handles cash reporting including daily bank reports and spreadsheet updates.
- Handles various month-end reports including bank reconciliation and accounts payable accruals.
Education and Experience
Requires education as is generally found in at least a two-year associate degree or equivalent educational or professional experience. Must be able to work extensively with data processing equipment, word processing, spreadsheet skills, and software. Requires versatility, analytical skills, good command of grammar, good public relations skills and adaptability in dealing with customers. Must be detail-oriented, self-directed, and highly professional.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (Optional)
Requires valid Wisconsin Driver’s license and must satisfy current company insurance requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to apply:
If you believe in empowerment, are upbeat and positive with a strong focus on productivity, and want to join a high-performing team, send a narrative letter about yourself with your resume to:
Nelson Container Corp.
W180 N11921 River Lane
Germantown, WI 53022
Nelson Container is an equal opportunity employer.